The Phoenix Enterprise Journal is in search of a reporter to go over economic progress and industrial real estate in a single of the best economies in the country. This defeat focuses on various key metropolitan areas in the Phoenix metro spot, known as Valley of the Solar. Phoenix is now the country’s fifth-biggest metropolis with a rapidly-growing population and new careers currently being designed at a document clip.
As the newest addition to the Business Journal’s increasing financial growth/CRE protection crew, this reporter will also concentration on key business development traits across the total location.
The ideal applicant will possess techniques such as source constructing, sharp news judgment, interviewing prowess and scoop-pushed reporting. Reporters in our newsroom break stories that from time to time resources never want introduced to gentle, but they really don’t burn bridges.
The reporter will be predicted to have the conquer and supply forward-searching business intelligence to our viewers. This suggests finding information at town halls, county courthouses or other general public entities and then talking to non-public-sector resources about the business ramifications of what is in the website-variety pipeline. Associations with elected officers, authorities workers, financial advancement leaders, actual estate executives and economists are vital to the achievements of this defeat.
• Report and write shorter and prolonged-type stories across all platforms
• Own the defeat, dictating day-to-working day protection and flourishing on digging out supply-driven exclusives
• Relentlessly build resources and manage interactions with higher-degree executives and other group leaders
• Perform in live performance with two other CRE reporters to coordinate coverage and do the job on joint initiatives.
Expertise and experience
• Desire and capacity to split news and to recognize newsworthy activities and resources
• A eager curiosity in business journalism
• Powerful analytical and investigative-interviewing competencies
• Capability to work each independently and collaboratively
• Capability to relate comfortably to a large range of people today, in person, on the cell phone and on-line
• A apparent drive to establish sources and make audience
• Strong knowing of information composing, journalistic ethics and story construction
• Means to leverage interactions with resources to produce articles that resonates with the Business Journal viewers
• 1-3 several years reporting in a newsroom atmosphere desired
• Monitor document in the information business enterprise of building, keeping and engaging an audience
• Bachelor’s diploma or equal function practical experience
Mail resume and clips by way of electronic mail to Greg Barr, Editor in Main, Phoenix Enterprise Journal at email@example.com