A 64-year-aged male died following an early morning apartment hearth Wednesday in midtown Sacramento, authorities said. The fireplace happened at a general public housing advanced for retirees.
Fire personnel responded all-around 3:45 a.m. to reviews of an “odor of smoke” in the 1700 block of K Street, the Sacramento Hearth Division stated in a information release.
The creating at the described location is the Comstock, a 9-story tower used as a senior dwelling condominium.
Authorities discovered an unresponsive adult male within of a smoke-crammed apartment device on the eighth flooring of the developing, the information launch mentioned.
Firefighters attempted lifestyle-conserving measures and transported the sufferer to a clinic, exactly where he was pronounced useless a quick time later on. On Thursday, the Sacramento County Coroner’s Business office determined the target as Jaime Zermeno.
The incident continues to be under investigation, firefighters said.
The Comstock is an 80-device general public housing sophisticated managed by the Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency.
CORRECTION: Because of to an editing mistake, a past edition of this tale improperly said the variety of models in the Comstock elaborate.
Corrected Dec 2, 2020